Thursday, November 14, 2013

Crystal Ward



I want to welcome Crystal Ward to The Eclectic Artist Cave today!!



What is the Title of your latest book?

What is it about? The Supernova Saga: Event Horizon. It's the fourth and final book in The Supernova Saga. I don't want to give too much away about it since it's the fourth book in the series, but here's the blurb: From addiction and betrayal, to stalkers, jealousy, and death, Evania thought she'd faced it all. But there's no rest for the wicked, so there's never rest for a Guardian. After the run-in with their ultimate enemy, fearful dreams bring visions of fantasy and cryptic messages from a late best friend. In the final chapter, the supernova Guardian is faced with the biggest choice of her life. Every secret is revealed. Lines are drawn. An army is formed.

 

What made you decide to write?

 I've been writing since I was eight years old. I like being able to take any inconceiveable idea in my head and make it real.

 

What inspires you?

Anything and everything. When I was writing the saga, I'd get inspired by songs, voices, quotes, a look from someone, a feeling, etc.

What authors do you love?

 Stephenie Meyer and Suzanne Collins.


What authors do you hate?

 None that I can think of.  

What authors do you hate to love?

 Haha None really.

Who is your favorite character in your book?

 Desmond Kane. He's the ultimate Guardian. :) Everything about him screams hero. Being pretty gorgeous and muscular helps out too.

What part of the writing process do you enjoy the most?

 Definitely not the editing. Haha. Probably the beginning, looking up names, places, researching, all of that.

 


What part of the writing process do you least enjoy?

Can you tell us about your latest WIP? I picked up a story I had one chapter done for NaNoWriMo. It's an urban fantasy about a girl, Cora, on the run from the mafia. They had tried to kill her, but miracuously she was saved by Tristan, who turns out to be a merman. I haven't seen too many stories out there lately with mermaids and mermen so I wanted to give it a try. :)

 

What are some marketing tips you can share?

Make book trailers, posters, post snippets from the books, bookmarks, etc. I love making book trailers. I have for all four books.

What is your day job?

 I'm a kitchen manager for Applebee's. Almost eleven years.

What profession other than writing would you like to try?

 Acting. I was in theater throughout highschool.

What is your favorite curse word?
 Fuck. It's great for everything. :)
What is your favorite word? Whatnot. Lol

What three things do you need to have around you when you write?

 A tasty beverage, Facebook, and a fan on for noise. I can't stand being in the quiet.
 
What tips do you have for new writers?

 You don't have to be perfect, and you definitely don't need to go by all the rules. Write how you know how. I never took an writing classes and didn't go to college. I winged it and wrote a series. I know their not perfect, but they're mine.

 
What would you like to say to your fans?

 Just because Evania's story has come to an end, doesn't mean the adventure is over. We still have a long road ahead of us, Noviacs. Red carpet, anyone? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger